We often attend 2 to 3 markets on the same day during our busy seasons and we need someone to coordinate delivering market gear and stock to our sales team at the market sites, help with set up and take down, collect and bring market gear back to home base in Langley.
You will need a reliable vehicle such as a van (we attend craft fairs and markets from Vancouver to Chilliwack) and must be willing to work for cookies. Just kidding about working for cookies -- we pay wages and mileage -- and you will still get cookies!
Hours will vary depending on the market schedule. The position will suit someone who enjoys variety and has exceptional organizational skills. The market booth coordinator will be responsible for:
- maintaining and updating the market staff schedule as needed
- organizing market gear in preparation for markets
- taking care of minor maintenance on market gear as needed
- collecting cash drawers from market staff
- transporting market gear that includes pop up tents, tables and chairs and the day's inventory.
Having the following skills will help you fulfill this role and help us achieve our mission:
- Farmer's market experience
- Experience handling cash
- Outstanding communication skills
- Able to interact positively with team members, customers, other vendors and organizers at shows and markets
- Able to work alone or with the team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Above average English grammar and writing skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Available to work flexible hours including weekdays, weekends and holidays, both days and evenings
Please send us an email telling us about your experience in sales and the food business. Be sure to include your resume.