We need sales staff / brand ambassadors for farmers’ markets and craft fairs in and around the Lower Mainland during 2017. We are a small artisan bakery and we make amazing gourmet shortbread cookies. We do markets from Vancouver to Chilliwack.
Ideal candidates will be available for markets on weekdays and weekends (Wednesday through Sunday), be cheerful and outgoing, enjoy telling our story, be able to assemble and take down the booth, including market tent, like working indoors or out, and most importantly, know how to close the sale so our shortbread goes home with our customers!
Having a vehicle to transport tent and cookies to markets is a definite asset, and previous retail sales experience, cash handling experience and references are all required. FoodSafe or MarketSafe is required or you must be willing to obtain your certificate.
We need to fill this position as soon as possible.
Your role will involve the following activities:
- Sell cookies to customers at craft fairs, farmers’ markets and pop ups in and around the Lower Mainland
- Set up and take down booth following our company plan
- Help us maintain our social media presence
- Present our product to customers
- Perform all assigned job duties in a safe, courteous, and timely manner
- Help us grow the business by meeting sales targets
- Represent our brand in a positive manner
Having the following skills will help you fulfill this role and help us achieve our mission:
- Sales experience
- Experience handling cash
- Outstanding communication skills
- Able to interact positively with customers, other vendors and organizers at shows and markets
- Able to work alone or with the team
- Strong organizational skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving abstract an asset
- Available to work flexible hours including weekdays, weekends and holidays, both days and evenings
Please send us an email telling us about your experience in sales and the food business. Be sure to include your resume.